When people mention Lexington, they usually think of the beautiful horse farms that populate the area. Or they think of the University of Kentucky, since the Wildcats make national news in basketball almost every year. But what most people don’t know is that Lexington is a business city. One I’d even consider to be a “Fortune 500” city, if such a title ever existed. To shoot some quick statistics, Lexington has been named:
- The 4th best city for businesses and careers by Forbes Magazine
- The 5th best city for young professionals by Kiplinger
- The 6th best value city by Kiplinger
Overall, Lexington is one of the top cities to find a job in – which makes it a great place to relocate to. With a healthy economy and vibrant living environment, people’s outlook on the area has remained high. Small businesses thrive and families live better as a result. This is why people love to move here and why they love to call Lexington home.
Why Lexington Stays On Top of the Market
Cities like Cincinnati and Pittsburgh have always had an advantage over Lexington because they have always had access to major rivers. Heavy industries were able to ship their materials across the nation while landlocked cities like Lexington were left out of the loop. To counter this, the city took an initiative to remain at the forefront of technology. In return, they attracted a wider-base of technological companies like Lexmark and Amazon.com.
Companies to Work for in Lexington, KY
- Affiliated Computer Services (ACS)
- Hewlett Packard (HP)
- United Parcel Service
- Ashland Chemical Company
The list above is only a sample of Lexington’s job market. Our unemployment rate remains at 6%, well below national average. And as any real estate agent will tell you, when the economy grows, so do the living standards. If you love technology, you’ll not just find it at work, but also at home. For more information about Lexington homes, email us via our Contact Page.
Homes Around the Companies
- For Amazon.com – search Lexington Real Estate & Homes for Sale in Masterson
- For Lexmark – search Homes in Ashland Park & Belmont Farms
- For Trane – search Homes in Great Acres & Garden Meadows
- For Nearby Neighborhood Communities – search Beaumont Real Estate & Hamburg Real Estate